[XviD-devel] question about gmc

Radek Czyz radoslaw at airnet.com.au
Fri Mar 7 23:17:28 CET 2003

> Are you sure? I guess it's only used if the block is encoded as GMC,
> because then it's just the previous frame MV.

Ok, I finally understood >_<  - you mean GMC-ed average vector for
previous frame.
Not a bad idea indeed.

> Also, we don't use the result of GME as predictor, if the
> result is translational-only (GMC is switched off, then) and that we
> really should.

...and that puts me back to not-understanding part of the universe..
We can't use the result of GME as predictor because we do GME later.

I'll go to sleep now. The best thing to do ;))))

Ah, just a simple suggestion/question. In B-frames, we do ME first
and coding later (just like in pframes). Is there something which
would stop us from doing it one by one? (ME->MC->coding; repeat)?

It could be a bit faster - MC data still in cache after ME.

Radek