[XviD-devel] freebsd build test

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Fri Mar 7 15:09:52 CET 2003

On Friday 07 March 2003 10:18, Edouard Gomez wrote:
> En réponse à Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock at gmx.net>:
> > There is a port of xvid in the FreeBSD ports-collection, which I
> > maintain. At
> > the moment it's still at version 0.9.0, but I will update it to version
> > 0.9.1
> > once the ports-freeze for 4.8-RELEASE is over.
>
> Good to know that, i was not aware of a freebsd port.
>
> If you see any other "build" bug for FreeBSD, sum up the problem and the
> solution (if possible). I'll take care to release a last 0.9.x to solve the
> last problems which are all related to small platforms details.
>
> PS: I'm already aware of the SONAME problem which has been fixed in
> CVS_HEAD.

Hm, but I was not. :) I only tested the updated port with transcode &
mplayer/mencoder (which are the two paramount reasons why xvid is in the
ports-collection after all)...

One thing I did notice is the requirement in the nasm-version - was this
chosen because nobody ever tested xvid with earlier releases of nasm or
because earlier nasm-versions are known to produce broken code? I tested
0.9.1 with nasm 0.98.33 and it seems to compile and work (encoding/decoding
with mplayer/mencoder, transcode, included regression-tests) just fine.

--
Regards,
	Michael Nottebrock-------------- next part --------------