[XviD-devel] rawdec in dev-api-4

suxen_drol suxen_drol at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 8 13:05:00 CET 2003

On Fri, 7 Mar 2003 18:04:46 +0100 Edouard Gomez <ed.gomez at free.fr> wrote:

> Hello pete,
>
> I'm starting  updating examples  for dev-api-4  and so i  had a  look at
> rawdec ... as i said in  earlier posts, i feared tha rawdec were another
> xvid_decraw clone, like the ex1 examples from chenm001 before and so on.

yes it is a clone. i wrote rawec eons ago when i first compiled xvid on
solaris (ie. late 2001).

> Why  not  just  updating  xvid_decraw/xvid_encraw  which  are  far  more
> complete pieces of code ?

that's what i intend to do, eventually.

rawdec was not intened as an xvid_decraw replacement. it just my
dev-api-4 debugging tool, and wont be commited into the cvs head.

-- pete; life is like a box of ammo