[XviD-devel] Compiling for Mingw32 and Djgpp and more questions

Christoph Lampert chl at math.uni-bonn.de
Mon Mar 10 08:41:57 CET 2003

On Sun, 9 Mar 2003, [iso-8859-1] Eduardo Machado wrote:

> Hi all, it's my first message ^__^
>
> I'm the developer of one library, MJpgAlleg, which play datafiles and
> avi's encoded with XviD in Allegro. My questions is:
>
> 1- It's possible to compile for Mingw32 and Djgpp? If yes, how I can
> do this.
> I've downloaded the xvidcore-0.91, and a simple make don't work...

You have to run  configure  first. After that  make  should work.

> 2- Is possible to decode video frames encoded with DivX 4 low motion
> and DivX 4 fast motion with the XviD library?

DivX 4 is MPEG-4 compatible, and so is XVID, so decoding DIvX4 material
(not DivX3!) does work. Also DivX5 etc.

> 3- And is ok to my library, which uses the library XviD, to be
> released in LGPL license?

No.
XVID is GPL, so every project based on XVID must at least be GPL again.
LGPL is not enough.

> 4- Is ok to send e-mail in html format to this list?

No. Please use plain ASCII, just as for every sensible mailing list.

> I have mingw32 version 2.0 (gcc 3.2).

Congratulations. Good choice. :-)