[XviD-devel] EDGE_SIZE == 64

Christoph Lampert chl at math.uni-bonn.de
Mon Mar 10 08:50:37 CET 2003

On Sun, 9 Mar 2003, Jim Hauxwell wrote:

> Gruel,
>
> Check out table B-12 in the spec.
>
> its for the out of bounds motion vectors.  It makes the calculation easier.
> The edge size is 64 as we can go -16 to +16 in half pel units therefore
> needing 32bytes at each side of the image of replicated edge data.

I know about motion vectors, but as I said we just need 16 for that, not
64. Halfpel units don't count, because we have 4 images for interpolation
modes, every one of the uses fullpel resolution.
-16 / +16 in fullpel is already covered by 16 pixels margins on the
left (for the minus) and 16 pixels on the right (for the plus).

gruel