[XviD-devel] no need for more questions

Eduardo Machado dudaskank at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 15 09:58:15 CET 2003

>>> You can use GPL'd dynamically linked libraries in
non GPL software, you just need non GPL headers for
that software and the user needs to acquire the libary
seperately.

>>Hm, okay, maybe, but since XVID headers are also
under GPL you would have to write those header files
yourself. I don't know of any project that does that.

Well, I get the idea... I can't release the entire lib
in lgpl because I use gpl software... but what about
windows media player... it uses the codec of XviD, and
others, and I think it isn't gpl. How?

Ah... why the XVID_CSP_RGB24 is in BGR format and not
RGB? Is possible this new colorspace can be included
in other releases (XVID_CSP_RGB24_2, or change the
other to XVID_CSP_BGR24).

Other question: why in windows media player all avi
videos, including one XviD 640x480 23.9xxx fps and
audio mp3 and coded with quality near 93 runs smooth
in 32 bpp and in my lib isn't so good... and in wmp
with a directshow filter enabled!

My program can display in that frame rate, but the
decoder part is taking so much time... I think
converting from yu12 to rgb32 is taking much time...

What's the difference in the codec? Optimization
maybe?

^__^