[XviD-devel] XVID 1.0 + c't

Christoph Lampert chl at math.uni-bonn.de
Thu Mar 20 18:21:50 CET 2003

Hi,

what are our plans for the next release? Should we wait for API-4 to be
finished? Or release API-3 when advanced simple profile is stable (I guess
3-warppoint GMC is the only "real" missing feature? I'll take care of that
in April) so people don't have to use "unstable" versions all the time.
Then we would work on dev-api-4 until it's perfect and "silently" move
over?

gruel

P.S. "The" german computer magazin c't is working on a codec
comparisson including XviD. Is there anything they should know about
XviD for Windows from current CVS? Anything unstable, or bad? Any
undocumented particularly good settings?