[XviD-devel] XVID 1.0 + c't

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Fri Mar 21 18:02:36 CET 2003

suxen_drol (suxen_drol at hotmail.com) wrote:
> iam not doin much this weekend, and plan to work on testing an
> intergrating the latest version of ed's xvidrc tarball.

My last API is available at http://ed.gomez.free.fr/vrac/

module xvidrc

Btw I'm starting playing with p-domain rate control, at this moment i'm
just checking if the Zhihai He paper is right. I have doubts on his
formal/theoretical foundations but i think the method is right in
practice.

I have some points to clarify tho:
 - does the model need to be per frame type ? (the three parameters we
 are supposed to update while encoding)
 - Though the accuracy increases, what will be the use of this accuracy
 boost ? better strict CBR... former CBR algorithm was lean and very
 simple, and quite accurate. Better control in 2pass?... you see that if
 this p-domain is useful, we have still to find out how to use it right.

--
Edouard Gomez-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...