[XviD-devel] [RFC] Core options

suxen_drol suxen_drol at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 23 10:31:52 CET 2003

On Sat, 22 Mar 2003 19:35:20 +0100 Edouard Gomez <ed.gomez at free.fr> wrote:

> I propose having these prefixes:
>
> XVID_CPU (already like that)
> XVID_VOP
> XVID_VOL
> XVID_ME

okay. the only reason i did go for XVID_{VOL,VOP,ME}_yyy is because of
the increased macro name length.

currently, encoder and decoder have a set of general flags.  how do you
propose we deal with these:
	dec_create.general = XVID_?_LOWDELAY
	enc_create.general = XVID_?_CLOSEDGOP
note: encoder general flags are stored in the 'global' member, but to
avoid confusion with the global info/init/test stuff i suggest we call
rename it to general)

also i was hoping the enumerations would prevent usage stupidy.
such that something like...
 	frame.vol = XVID_ME_FLAG
...would generate a compiler warning. is there a way to enable strict
enumeration checking?

> NB:  this   change  would  be   very  interesting  for   xvid.h  parsing
> reasons.  I'm currently  extending  the transcode's  configurator so  it
> could be directly  be used in examples. For that i  need to build arrays
> like this one (in order to match strings to their values):
>
> static config_flag_t xvid_cpufeatures[] = {
>        {"XVID_CPU_FORCE", XVID_CPU_FORCE},
>        {"XVID_CPU_ASM", XVID_CPU_ASM},
>        {"XVID_CPU_MMX", XVID_CPU_MMX},
> [...]
>
> So this simple change of flag names  could help me build a awk script to
> extract all flags from xvid.h automatically.

ok.

-- pete; life is like a box of ammo