[XviD-devel] [BUG?] motion_est.c

Christoph Lampert chl at math.uni-bonn.de
Thu Mar 27 17:39:11 CET 2003

Unrelated but:

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, Edouard Gomez wrote:
> get_range(&Data->min_dx, &Data->max_dx, &Data->min_dy,
>           &Data->max_dy, x, y, 16,
>           pParam->width, pParam->height,
>           Data->iFcode - (pParam->vol_flags&XVID_VOL_QUARTERPEL?1:0),
>                          ^^^^^^^ only an API related change ^^^^^^^^

                          No, don't do this! Not a ? operator to correct
                          on Fcode value for every call of get_range. Qpel
                          is fixed for the whole encoding setting. This
                          is so much unnecessary branching.

                          Either we change the meaning of iFcode such that
                          it simply is one less when Qpel is on (and just
                          write the correct value to bitstream, that's
                          only per frame, not once per MB.

                          Or make quarterpel a binary variable (temporary
                          or part of pParam) and subtract it all the time.

>           0, Data->rrv);
>              ^^^^^^^^^
>              This one seems not good for me.
>
> Which one is the right code ?

That could be connected to what reduced resolution really is.
Is it supported? Is it not? It's not in SP or ASP, so at the moment,
using it breaks MPEG-4 compatability.