[XviD-devel] [BUG?] motion_est.c

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Thu Mar 27 18:04:54 CET 2003

Christoph Lampert (chl at math.uni-bonn.de) wrote:
> > [...]
> >           Data->iFcode - (pParam->vol_flags&XVID_VOL_QUARTERPEL?1:0),
> >                          ^^^^^^^ only an API related change ^^^^^^^^
>
>                           No, don't do this! Not a ? operator to correct
>                           on Fcode value for every call of get_range.

This is new API, i did nothing christoph, this was here from the very
beginning of the branch when pete commited :-)

>                           Christoph's advice on making it a quaterpel
>                           kind of boolean.

Well i don't see the problem with keeping just the flag... it is simpler
to have the  information only once.  Having another  variable to make it
clear  would just  duplicate the  information without  added  value.  Of
course if  you mean  we need  speed then we  can simply  precompute that
value for the whole MBs loop. One "?" operator a MB is not so much.

Ok changed in my tree, computed only once per MB.

> >           0, Data->rrv);
> >              ^^^^^^^^^
> >              This one seems not good for me.
> >
> > Which one is the right code ?
>
> That could be connected to what reduced resolution really is.
> Is it supported? Is it not? It's not in SP or ASP, so at the moment,
> using it breaks MPEG-4 compatability.

I know RV state is not clear, but i have to keep trees synced, here it's
not matter  of standard,  it's matter of  keeping things synced  so both
trees behave the same.

--
Edouard Gomez-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...