[XviD-devel] Syncing dev-api-4 with CVS_HEAD

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Thu Mar 27 23:35:57 CET 2003

Edouard Gomez (ed.gomez at free.fr) wrote:
> >  o  clean   and  modular   mbtransquant.c  (@syskin:  you   were  right,
> >    dequant(4)_intra had its parameters switched) based on the idea of
> >    the stamped version 2  of MBtransQuantInter and MBTransQuantIntra. It
> >    probably fixes a  bug in BFrames that were  not handling reduced vops
> >    (however i'm  not sure bframes  + rvops are  allowed). This fix  is a
> >    bonus from the new design, so  if it's forbiden by the standard, this
> >    fix can be ignored. (me)
>
> This one is now ready that i  understood i could not change the MB modes
> values. See attachment and test it in both dev-api-4 and CVS_HEAD.
>
> I'm going to run some tests on CVS_HEAD. I keep you informed. It would
> be cool  if people could  test exotic features  i'm not used  to enable:
> interlacing, qpel and rrv (even if it's not standard).

I did some tests on VQEG sequences using IP Frames, then IPB bframes,
etc etc

The md5sums of the output streams were equal. So this new mbtransquant
is probably safe.

Example:
PMV_EARLYSTOP16 | PMV_HALFPELREFINE16 | PMV_EXTSEARCH16 | /* Q 6 */
PMV_USESQUARES16 | PMV_EARLYSTOP8 | PMV_HALFPELREFINE8

and

XVID_H263QUANT | XVID_HALFPEL | XVID_QUARTERPEL | XVID_INTER4V

I got this for foreman sequence:
$ md5sum stream-*
a6b17beb8c67ed72642ccf185fec8fbb  stream-new.m4v
a6b17beb8c67ed72642ccf185fec8fbb  stream-orig.m4v

Another one from foreman:

PMV_EARLYSTOP16 | PMV_HALFPELREFINE16 | PMV_EXTSEARCH16 | /* Q 6 */
PMV_USESQUARES16 | PMV_EARLYSTOP8 | PMV_HALFPELREFINE8

XVID_H263QUANT | XVID_HALFPEL | XVID_INTER4V

$ md5sum stream-*
e00843b451a59a32ddbbd1ae9a5abba3  stream-new.m4v
e00843b451a59a32ddbbd1ae9a5abba3  stream-orig.m4v

So if you find a clip where the raw stream is diferent, please tell
me. If nobody complains about bitstream differences then i'll commit
that this week end (probably saturday).

--
Edouard Gomez-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...