[XviD-devel] new gui proposal

Dead2 dead2 at circlestorm.org
Fri Mar 28 16:29:45 CET 2003

Hmm..  this GUI talk got me inspired, so I drew a GUI myself:
http://mirror.circlestorm.org/xvid-config-dialog-example.png

Some explanation is needed..

-The text above each category is a link, when you press the
  "Advanced" link, the advanced section becomes active fex.
  The other sections cannot be touched.
-When you do a change in one of the sections, the other sections
  are updated to reflect the settings you currently have selected.
  (This is so it'd be easy to first goto "EASY", select an apropriate
   default setting, then goto "ADVANCED", and enable GMC
   without actually having to set all other options manually)
-Sections to the left of the active one should be completely disabled,
  or it should only show settings that are approximately correct.

I know that a lot of settings here are wrong/missing/blah,blah, but
it is the concept of layout that i would like you to see. I hope you enjoy
this example.
This layout also makes the novice people able to faster understand
settings that we recommend (as they are switched on/off depending
on quality settings). This way they can learn too..

Feedback is welcome..

-=Dead2=-