[XviD-devel] simple profile level 1?

suxen_drol suxen_drol at hotmail.com
Sun May 4 12:43:02 CEST 2003

On Sun, 27 Apr 2003 15:52:33 +0200 Edouard Gomez <ed.gomez at free.fr> wrote:
> Radek Czyz (syskin at ihug.com.au) wrote:
> > Anyway, my question is: would it be useful to include this level in
> > configuration, in dev-api-4 maybe? If yes, we should do it - mobile
> > mpeg4 decoders will be popular soon :)
> > Or maybe we could auto-detect lowest possible level and put this level
> > to VOL header, instead of always coding level 3?
>
> Hardcoding the level is just a bug.
>
> Btw we should look at encoder settings and write to stream the right
> profile id.

yes. i think an xvid_enc_create.profile field is appropriate.
if this field is set to zero, xvid should not simply not write out the
profile id VISOBJSEQ_START_CODE. guessing the profile is bad, because
each profile specifies an upper bitrate.

iam hoping someday to implement a vbv plugin, such that xvid bitstreams
*really* conform to the various profiles.

-- pete