[XviD-devel] OBMC decode support patch for dev-api-4

Luca Piccarreta piccarre at elet.polimi.it
Tue May 6 18:05:07 CEST 2003

Out there there are VFW codecs that support OBMC (ours for instance).
But not in the free domain, as far as I know.
Weirdly enough, there is no profile that supports OBMC.
DIVX does not.... but OBMC really improves quality, even though
implementation is not that easy (motion compensation must be
performed one MB after MV decoding).
But does XVID+AVI really need to be compatible with any profile?
Does XVID need to be compatible with DIVX?
Compliments for the excellent job.
Luca Piccarreta (TILAB consultant)