[XviD-devel] OBMC decode support patch for dev-api-4

Marco Al marco at simplex.nl
Tue May 6 20:30:26 CEST 2003

From: "Luca Piccarreta"

> But does XVID+AVI really need to be compatible with any profile?
> Does XVID need to be compatible with DIVX?
> Compliments for the excellent job.
> Luca Piccarreta (TILAB consultant)

Why stick to the standard otherwise? Sticking to the standard is requirement
for the royaltee free patent license, but as GPL software that isnt all that
relevant to xvid.

Personally I think xvid should stick to simple and advanced simple ... leave
the realtime protocol stuff (including RRV) to ffmpeg, and OBMC and just
plain breaking the standard to Kludge.

Marco