[XviD-devel] [BUG] Still ther loop bug $^ù*$^!?

Michael Militzer michael at xvid.org
Thu May 8 17:51:15 CEST 2003

Hi,

Quoting Edouard Gomez <ed.gomez at free.fr>:

> Christoph Lampert (chl at math.uni-bonn.de) wrote:
> > I was rather busy during the last days. What's the status of your
> > efforts?
>
> I gave up :-(
>
> I'm now looking at this bug:
> http://www.xvid.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=1225
>
> As the guy did not submit code, i'm obliged to think of a good test case
> and code some posix thread program (nearly all done).

The bug is not caused by a thread problem. This dotted line can always be seen,
depending on the actual color of the left border of a frame. If I remember
correctly, the line is well noticeable on black frames. I once quickly looked
into the code but couldn't explain what's wrong (especially because the dotted
line is just one pixel wide and the conversion code works on 8 packed bytes. So
one should think that if something's going wrong then for more then one
pixel...)

Anyways, the code needs to be carefully analysed in order to remove this bug
but I was too lazy/busy so far to do this...

bye,