[XviD-devel] [BUG]Still the encoder loop bug $^ù*$^!?

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Thu May 8 18:17:48 CEST 2003

Michael Militzer (michael at xvid.org) wrote:
> The bug is not caused by a thread problem. This dotted line can always
> be  seen, depending  on  the actual  color  of the  left  border of  a
> frame. If I  remember correctly, the line is  well noticeable on black
> frames.  I once  quickly looked  into  the code  but couldn't  explain
> what's wrong  (especially because  the dotted line  is just  one pixel
> wide and  the conversion code works  on 8 packed bytes.  So one should
> think that if something's going wrong then for more then one pixel...)

Yes, i confirm that  this is not a thread problem, i  ran my test with 1
up to  1000 threads (i like stressing  the OS) and the  results were the
same.

The cactus.pgm when converted to rgb24  has a green vertical line on the
left of the  image while looking at the pgm version,  this line does not
appear.

I   tested  with   xvidcore-0.9.1-fixes  (yv12_to_rgb24_mmx)   and  with
xvidcore-dev-api-4  (yv12_to_bgr_mmx). Even  if  the last  one has  been
rewritten, i'd say  it shares the same code as they  have the same buggy
ouptut.

> Anyways, the  code needs to be  carefully analysed in  order to remove
> this bug but I was too lazy/busy so far to do this...

So i'll just reply  that there is a bug and that we  are aware of it but
it will be fixed later.

--
Edouard Gomez-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...