[XviD-devel] Simple scalable, Core Scalable profiles?

Thomas Eriksson thoeri-8 at student.luth.se
Sat May 10 04:42:27 CEST 2003

What MPEG-4 profiles are supported by XviD? Is there any support plans for supporting scalable coding in XviD? Else, is there any plans for suporting this? Othervise, can someone tell me some codecs that implement either the Simple Scalable or the Core Scalable Profile of MPEG-4? I am especially interested in the scalability features in MPEG-4 to address network media with extremely low bandwidth. Furthermore, it would be interesting to know to which degree scalability features are implemented in other MPEG-4 profiles and what profiles are implemented in XviD.

// Thomas