[XviD-devel] New Trellis Quant

James Bilotto jb13 at gomerbud.com
Sun May 11 12:05:27 CEST 2003

> > > It's deprecated, memset(ptr,0,size) has the same effect, yes.
> >
> > bzero() should be faster
>
> Manpage says it's deprecated, memset should be used, so that's what
> I'll do.

> NAME
>        bzero - write zeros to a byte string
>
> SYNOPSIS
>        #include <string.h>
>
>        void bzero(void *s, size_t n);
>
> DESCRIPTION
>        The  bzero()  function  sets the first n bytes of the byte
>        string s to zero.
>
> RETURN VALUE
>        The bzero() function returns no value.
>
> CONFORMING TO
>        4.3BSD.  This function is deprecated -- use memset in  new
>        programs.

	that's werid, my man page look like this

BZERO(3)               FreeBSD Library Functions Manual               BZERO(3)

NAME
     bzero - write zeroes to a byte string

LIBRARY
     Standard C Library (libc, -lc)

SYNOPSIS
     #include <strings.h>

     void
     bzero(void *b, size_t len);

DESCRIPTION
     The bzero() function writes len zero bytes to the string b.  If len is
     zero, bzero() does nothing.

SEE ALSO
     memset(3), swab(3)

HISTORY
     A bzero() function appeared in 4.3BSD.  Its prototype existed previously
     in <string.h> before it was moved to <strings.h> for IEEE Std 1003.1-2001
     (``POSIX.1'') compliance.

FreeBSD 5.0                      June 4, 1993                      FreeBSD 5.0