[XviD-devel] Default-Templates in new VfW GUI

suxen_drol suxen_drol at hotmail.com
Mon May 12 23:38:09 CEST 2003

hi,

On Sun, 11 May 2003 14:28:52 +0200 Dirk Knop <dknop at gwdg.de> wrote:
> what do you think about adding some default templates to VfW (main
> dialog) as well which would help newbies a lot in using XviD (and thus
> decreasing dumb questions all over the boards...).
>
> Something like
>
> - Preference: Speed / Quality
> - Conformance: MPEG4 SP / ASP / Standard compliancy doesn't matter
> - Purpose: Capturing / 1 CD / 2 CD
> - Input type: long action/ short action / slow movie
>
> See this just as a proposal.

yes, something like this is appropriate. i have just commited some
further changes to dev-api-4, which includes some vfw layout redesign.
the bitrate zone stuff only works for single & 2pass1.

my thoughts were to include a dropdown list for various
motion/vhq/bits/chroma me settings... which hides the advanced options
pages from new users.

-- pete