[XviD-devel] pete cvs commits digest :-(

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Tue May 13 03:26:56 CEST 2003

Hello,

Ok  i noticed  Pete comited  the "zones"  code. Good  but it  breaks all
usefull stuff  (ie xvid_encraw) :-(.   I splited the patch  into logical
changesets  in order  to  push  the changes  to  my local  tree/revision
control system.

I think it would have been good  to detail a bit more the commit message
("zones, profiles, vfw changes"),  as the changes are somewhat important
and  left the  tree in  a pity  state (did  not compile,  xvid_encraw is
broken, so  is vfw?).  My  last commit makes  the tree compiles,  but it
does not fix it (this change is part of my patch-35 changeset).

Pete, what  about fixing the  encoding loop ?  It has probably  a higher
priority  if  we want  to  get good  quality  and  compare devapi4  with
cvs_head.

For interested people:

2003-05-13 GMT	Edouard Gomez <ed.gomez at free.fr>	patch-36

    Revision:
      xvidcore--devapi4--1.0--patch-36

    data->quant fix.

    Fixed some coding bugs in trellis code. Used __inline and not inline.

    modified files:
     src/encoder.c src/utils/mbtransquant.c

2003-05-13 GMT	Edouard Gomez <ed.gomez at free.fr>	patch-35

    Revision:
      xvidcore--devapi4--1.0--patch-35

    With the zones feature, the CBR plugin could be used for all type
    of one pass RC. The better thing to do would be to include fixed
    quant to this new single pass plugin.

    Btw, a (clean) solution has not been found yet. I am obliged to
    disable the fixed quant plugin. This breaks xvid_encraw :-(

    modified files:
     build/generic/sources.inc src/plugins/plugin_single.c
     src/xvid.h

    renamed files:
     src/plugins/.arch-ids/plugin_cbr.c.id
       ==> src/plugins/.arch-ids/plugin_single.c.id
     src/plugins/plugin_cbr.c
       ==> src/plugins/plugin_single.c

2003-05-12 GMT	Edouard Gomez <ed.gomez at free.fr>	patch-34

    Revision:
      xvidcore--devapi4--1.0--patch-34

    The I/P/B Frames' min/max quantizers have moved from RC plugins' interface
    to the general encoding interface.

    The CBR plugin has been updated for zones and the quent limits move.

    modified files:
     src/encoder.c src/encoder.h src/plugins/plugin_2pass2.c
     src/plugins/plugin_cbr.c src/xvid.h

2003-05-12 GMT	Edouard Gomez <ed.gomez at free.fr>	patch-33

    Revision:
      xvidcore--devapi4--1.0--patch-33

    Added encoding zones in 2pass plugins. The idea behind "zones" is
    to define frame ranges for which we change the plugin's behavior.

    modified files:
     src/encoder.c src/encoder.h src/plugins/plugin_2pass1.c
     src/xvid.h

2003-05-12 GMT	Edouard Gomez <ed.gomez at free.fr>	patch-32

    Revision:
      xvidcore--devapi4--1.0--patch-32

    Added the profile setting to user API.

    modified files:
     src/bitstream/bitstream.c src/bitstream/bitstream.h
     src/encoder.c src/encoder.h src/xvid.h

2003-05-11 GMT	Edouard Gomez <ed.gomez at free.fr>	patch-31

    Revision:
      xvidcore--devapi4--1.0--patch-31

    The presets have been changed so now we should have better PSNR with
    higher quality presets in all cases.

    I changed a bit the way we treat quality underflow or overflow, now i
    just clip the value to the allowed range.

    modified files:
     examples/xvid_encraw.c

--
Edouard Gomez-------------- next part --------------