[XviD-devel] Simple scalable, Core Scalable profiles?

suxen_drol suxen_drol at hotmail.com
Wed May 14 23:39:04 CEST 2003

hi,

On Sat, 10 May 2003 03:42:27 +0200 "Thomas Eriksson" <thoeri-8 at student.luth.se> wrote:
> What MPEG-4 profiles are supported by XviD? Is there any support plans
> for supporting scalable coding in XviD? Else, is there any plans for
> suporting this? Othervise, can someone tell me some codecs that
> implement either the Simple Scalable or the Core Scalable Profile of
> MPEG-4? I am especially interested in the scalability features in MPEG-4
> to address network media with extremely low bandwidth. Furthermore, it
> would be interesting to know to which degree scalability features are
> implemented in other MPEG-4 profiles and what profiles are implemented
> in XviD.

xvid supports simple profile and advanced simple profile
encoding/decoding. it can also handle advanced realtime simple profile.

there are no plans to support scalable encoding; iam not aware of any
mpeg-4 encoders or decoders that support scalability (other than the
msfdam reference software).

-- pete