[XviD-devel] [BUG] The encoder loop fix is a bigger bug :-)

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Sun May 18 02:44:00 CEST 2003

suxen_drol (suxen_drol at hotmail.com) wrote:
> chanelog 17/may/03:
>
> * dynamic bvop decision stats bug fixed

Confirmed, everything works fine now.

>  added  runtime debug  level  option. this  only  only activated  when
> _DEBUG    is    defined.    level    is    specified   globaly,    via
> "xvid_glb_init_t.debug"  and  XVID_DEBUG_xxx  defines.  references  to
> previous DPRINTF_LEVEL_xxx's have been replaced throughout libxvidcore

yup

> * futher bitrate zone fixes for plugin_2pass2.c

Ok,  i  just  noticed we  have  legacy  code  in  this 2pass  code.  I'm
particularly thinking  about the  AVI header overhead  compensation.  As
xvidcore can  be used for other  containers, it would be  good to remove
this compensation, and make it another parameter of the RC structure.

A field named avg_container_overhead_per_frame.

> * removed old ratecontrol.c from msvc project

We have lot of unneeded files in the tree, this can be cleaned later.
(lot of ASM ia32 image files)

> * xvid_encraw.c specifc:
>   * added "-max_key_interval integer" option
>   * renamed -debug to -vop_debug
>   * added "-debug integer" option, which sets xvid_gbl_init_t.debug field
>   * s/length/len/ status line
> * vfw specific:
>   * zone/bitrate typos fixed ("you eediot")
>   * renamed "debug" regkey to "vop_debug"
>   * added "debug" regeky and textbox which sets xvid_gbl_init_t.debug field

Ok

--
Edouard Gomez-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...