[XviD-devel] [BUG] The encoder loop fix is a bigger bug :-)

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Sun May 18 18:53:08 CEST 2003

suxen_drol (suxen_drol at hotmail.com) wrote:
> GREAT... i was expecting to read:
> 	"The encoder loop fix, bigger bug fix is now an even bigger bug."

No, one day later i can still afirm:
 - it just works

Btw, now we have the dynamic loop working, does it make sense for forced
low bitrates situation to have a flag XVID_VOP_NODYNAMIC_BFRAME that
would just enforce the frame type to be:
 - I every max_keyframe or scene change
 - P every max_bframe+1
 - B the rest of the time

Thus  this  mean i  want  the  encoder loop  bug  to  be  turned into  a
feature. Can  this be usefull when  we want really low  bitrates where P
frames  are really  hurting bitrate  with not  so much  benefits  over a
BFrame (quality wise) ?

--
Edouard Gomez-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...