[XviD-devel] [CVS commit] dev-api-4: New 2pass2 data field to specify container overhead

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Sun May 25 15:29:24 CEST 2003

elcabesa (elcabesa at inwind.it) wrote:
> after your patch finally i was able to have 2 pass working in my patch
> thank you GomGom, and thank you for your patch for my mplayer patch.

We still  have some  issues discussed in  other thread... but  these are
just visual quality tuning/improvements.

> what about new gmc code?? is it  already in cvs ??  how should we wait
> of xvid 1.0?

Yes it is. Christoph commited a 2 warp points GMC/GME algo. He has (if i
remember well his  mails with skal) some 3  warp points implementaion on
the queue for dev-api-4.

> and  what  will  happen  after  1.0  ?  mailing  list  title  is  h264
> related.. is this a xvid developers idea??

Not the  mailing list...  the irc channel.  If the IRC  channel's habits
have not changed  since i left it, it's  probably bullshit/joke from one
of the channel's operators.

> and  now  a  question  that  doesn't concern  xvid  does  anyone  know
> something  about  theora/vp3?? any  links  papers,  algorithm or  diff
> between mpeg4??

Look at ffmpeg/libavcodec, a guy  has started vp3 decoding support a few
weeks ago (perhaps 2  or 3) so you can have a look  at it. Xiph may have
the VP3 standard somewhere on their site.

--
Edouard Gomez-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...