[XviD-devel] [CVS commit] dev-api-4:plugin_2pass2.c

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Thu May 29 17:50:58 CEST 2003

Complete changelog:

2003-05-29 GMT	Edouard Gomez <ed.gomez at free.fr>	patch-60

    Revision:
      xvidcore--devapi4--1.0--patch-60

    * Removed Alt curve treatment

    * After reading VFW code, i found out that it was using the blocks stats
      fields  to  retrieve  the number  of  MBs  in  a  frame. So  all  this
      min_size[]  was  not meant  to  discover  a  min_size for  each  frame
      according to  its intra  MBs but rather  an hardcoded minimum  for all
      frames as advertised in earlier  cvs revisions.  It would be easier if
      original code was commented :-(

    * Some comment changes
    * bquant_error and pquant_error have been replaced by an array
      quant_error[3][32] indexed by frame type and quantizer value.
    * Moved some initialization stuff

    * I read VFW and noticed that min_length was supposed to be:
      min{hard coded length, min{observed lengths}}

    * Force frame type during the second pass.

    * Simplified equations.

      Scaling was needed because of the non linear formulas used in AltCC but
      now we can directly use avg_length[s->type-1] instead of "first prescaling
      bframes to pframes lengths then use pframe stats and at last prescaling back
      frame length to bframe lengths"

      See my new XXX: question about the overflow.

    modified files:
     src/plugins/plugin_2pass2.c

--
Edouard Gomez-------------- next part --------------