[XviD-devel] [RFC] memcpy thingy

skal skal at planet-d.net
Sat Nov 1 18:22:27 CET 2003

	Hi all,

On Sat, 2003-11-01 at 18:39, Edouard Gomez wrote:

> So i'll  wait a bit before commiting  and as sysKin says,  we would gain
> much more not trying to edge frames more than once :-)

	very true. And i may recall, as usual: "best optimisation
	of a function is always achieved by *not* calling it".
	So let's see if the memcpy() are relevant before jumping
	on every optimized-for-XXX memblah() funcs that pops up on a
	regular basis.

	Btw, my MMX (and later SSE) func for set_edges is there:
http://list.xvid.org/pipermail/xvid-devel/2002-September/000875.html

	(btw, i've re-read some september 2002 messages, and there were
	interesting stuff:)

	bye!

Skal