[XviD-devel] [CVS commit] devapi4 -- Speed optims

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Wed Nov 5 17:23:24 CET 2003

Following  the previous  discussion about  setedges usage...  here's the
patch that  saves a fair amount of  calls so we don't  waste CPU anymore
(if we all agree using xvid is not a waste of CPU time ;-).

I don't  have exact numbers  anymore, but on  the 1000 frame  sequence i
tested for the  memcpy optim, setdges was called  ~1400 times, with this
patch it's  called ~470  times.  Interpolation calls  might be  saved as
well if the same rounding is required.

2003-11-05 16:05:44 GMT patch-90

    Revision:
      xvidcore--devapi4--1.0--patch-90

    Patch from syskin.

    * This patch avoids calling setedges and interpolate for uneeded
    cases:
       - setedges is only called once per frame.
       - interpolate is called only when the previous rounding
         was different from the one needed.
    * Interpolation has been optimized a bit for qpel case, we do the
      hv pass down to top to use the cache more efficiently (hope so).

    modified files:
     src/encoder.c src/encoder.h src/image/image.c

--
Edouard Gomez