[XviD-devel] [CVS commit] devapi4 -- VHQ optim

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Fri Nov 14 00:13:17 CET 2003

2003-11-13 23:09:34 GMT patch-95

    Revision:
      xvidcore--devapi4--1.0--patch-95

    MMXed the calculation of SSE for 8x8 16bit blocks. This helps quite
    a lot VHQ=4 mode.

    My tests show with trellis:chroma_me:
     - ~20% speed improvement for vhq=4.
     - at least 5% when using vhq=1.

    Of course this speedup vanishes if more CPU intensive features are
    used.
    CruNcher who used gmc/qpel, noticed "only" a ~5% speed improvement.

    NB: i'm of course talking about overall speed improvement. Such a
    small patch for such a big improvement :-)

    modified files:
     src/motion/estimation_rd_based.c src/motion/sad.c
     src/motion/sad.h src/motion/x86_asm/sad_mmx.asm src/xvid.c

--
Edouard Gomez