[XviD-devel] [CVS commits] devapi4 -- SSE2 updates

Michael Militzer michael at xvid.org
Fri Nov 14 01:39:59 CET 2003

Hi,

Quoting Edouard Gomez <ed.gomez at free.fr>:

> skal (skal at planet-d.net) wrote:
> > 	oops... my fault. Sorry. Should have tested this
> > 	missing 'pshufd'.
> > 	Here's the correct version.
>
> Commited. Thx.
>
> Ok, so now we have a working SSE2 "port". Michael, can we now state
> that it is safe and no more experimental ?

which code exactly? With dev16 and fdct I have no problem, as long as this
code doesn't crash you can make it default, no problem. Regarding idct,
nothing's changed since my last comment: Walken idct only. Whether Skal's
idct works nice or is faster or whatever else doesn't matter, it will
always introduce idct mismatches. As said, if we want special sse2 idct
optimizations, someone should try to quickly port our current idct to sse2.

bye,