[XviD-devel] trellis

Radek Czyz syskin at ihug.com.au
Sun Nov 23 12:32:16 CET 2003

Thanks for your explainations everyone.

skal wrote:
        Now, for the brutal transformation of DC=-181 to 0, this could
        be explained by the fact that coding the level '-181' costs
        a loooot of bits, compared to the rest.

Heh, I had this problem whan I tried to use R-D to check for SKIP-mode
;)
Encoder was so happy to code a macroblock with only one bit, that lots
of distortion seemed not to be a problem... The result was pretty
ugly, because if you have a smooth area and only one edge of it
completely wrong, distortion was quite small...

Radek