[XviD-devel] big trellis bug

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Sun Nov 23 17:07:59 CET 2003

Edouard Gomez (ed.gomez at free.fr) wrote:
> I'm currently  testing the changes.  I also  introduced TL_SHIFT=10 to
> avoid overflows.  It doesn't fix the real problem but avoids its nasty
> effects.

Ok tests done:
 - h263 works hopefully as before (output matches exactly if i set
   TL_SHIFT 16)
 - MPEG seems to benefit from trellis as well ;-)

Nota bene, i suffered the chroma bug in trellis for the first time while
running a mpeg+trellis  test (a red block appeared in  a white zone).  I
guess we should really leave DC unoptimized for high values.

May a simple thresholding be enough ?

--
Edouard Gomez