[XviD-devel] Modification of MSVC project file

Sebastien Lucas babas.lucas at laposte.net
Sun Nov 23 19:13:20 CET 2003

Hi all,

I made a post some days ago on the xvid forum reporting that I had troubles
compiling xvid Dev-api-4 under MSVC 6 and nasm 98.38 (my nickname is
Vlad59).

Following that, Edouard Gomez (I hope I'm right ;)) changed some lines in
libxvidcore.dsp. Theses changes doesn't work at least on my computer.

colorspace_rgb_mmx.asm and colorspace_yuyv_mmx.asm now use a spécial Nasm
command line with an include path
-I"$(InputDir)\"
My Nasm doesn't like the surrounding " at all so I changed it to
-I$(InputDir)\

The downside of this method is that the xvid sources must be in a directory
without any space in it as InputDir return an absolute path.

I currently have no possibility to test compiling it with my linux box but I
think it would be easier to drop the -I part and to change the include in
colorspace_rgb_mmx.asm and colorspace_yuyv_mmx.asm now as I said in the
forum.

Hope this helps.

Sebastien