[XviD-devel] Modification of MSVC project file

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Mon Nov 24 11:58:38 CET 2003

Sebastien Lucas (babas.lucas at laposte.net) wrote:
> Following that, Edouard Gomez (I hope I'm right ;)) changed some lines in
> libxvidcore.dsp. Theses changes doesn't work at least on my computer.

Yes that's me.

> colorspace_rgb_mmx.asm and  colorspace_yuyv_mmx.asm now use  a spécial
> Nasm command line with an include path
> -I"$(InputDir)\"
> My Nasm doesn't like the surrounding " at all so I changed it to
> -I$(InputDir)\
>
> The downside  of this  method is that  the xvid  sources must be  in a
> directory without any space in it as InputDir return an absolute path.

Not  an  acceptable change,  as  i know  many  peple  download stuff  in
standard  windows locations  as "My  Documents".  We would  have lot  of
reports of breakage for this type of situation as in the past.

Try to  find an acceptable way to  add a backslash to  this command. Try
adding  a  variable  Backslash  and  then  "$(InputDir)$(Backslash)"  or
whatever you  can imagine, but spaces  must be accepted.

Thanks

--
Edouard Gomez