[XviD-devel] [In progress] devapi4 -- mpeg matrices

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Fri Nov 28 19:44:22 CET 2003

Michael Militzer (michael at xvid.org) wrote something that looks to me
like:
> blah blah release 1.0 blah blah blah feature freeze ... blah blah we
> go away from that objective...

<rant>
Ok, you give your opinion, i will give mine, and i take the risk to
start a flame war:
 - if it was for me, 1.0 alpha or betas would have been been out in
   August/September. I release bins since early october.
 - if feature freeze was really that important for you, you would have
   never commited new qpel, cartoon or fast mode decision/refinement.

... and finally
 - if it was for me, i would not care of what you say because the only
   things you told me during the dev-api-4 development is: "hmmm wait
   no don't do that" or "" (<-- this is a silence). Obviously that
   doesn't help getting a good XviD 1.0 ASAP. That just helps having a
   flawed XviD 1.0 whith known long standing bugs.

Don't get me  wrong, i've nothing against you but i  dislike the way you
block important  bugfixes and consequently,  a good XviD  progress. Pete
did a fair amount of work in  the early days of devapi4, now he will not
contribute regurlarly afaik.  It's mostly for 4 months  syskin and I are
the only  active devs.  If  you wanted a clean/bugfree/stable  XviD 1.0,
you  would have  squashed bugs,  test new  stuff, and  give  feedback on
proposed changes.

If you  want to have  a poor  XviD 1.0 with  buggy code and  known flaws
coming from a 1 year old cvs version... fine but i'm not happy with your
choice.
</rant>

--
Edouard Gomez