[XviD-devel] Patch cleaning

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Sat Nov 29 22:45:41 CET 2003

Your patch was a bit kludgy trying to patch lot of bin files not part of
the source.  Next time try to use  "cvs diff" to generate  it, that will
avoid this type of annoyance.

On the patch:
 - overall design of quant matrices is now safe (i did it the same way,
   less hacky but the same way)
 - was   not  compiling   with  gcc   because   of  prototype<->function
   definition mismatch. fixed
 - desynced from CVS

CrunCher had  a crash. I  can't test the  patch myself at the  moment so
here follows a quick guess of the problem.

You added  the matrices into the  current frame, but i  don't think it's
safe to  place them there as current  is only one frame  amongst various
frames. Thus when we swap  frames, code is probably using an unitiliazed
pointer as you only allocate one set of matrices.

Moreover,  as i  already reported  it's less  intrusive to  add  them in
MBParam as  this struct is already  being passed down  to everything but
the CalcBits_functions and it is *unique*.

I'll see if i can fix that tomorrow.

In attachment you have the updated patch against current CVS.

--
Edouard Gomez