[XviD-devel] TODO

Christoph Lampert chl at math.uni-bonn.de
Sun Nov 30 15:06:09 CET 2003

Hi,

TODO still has the    YV12/I420   issue in it.
It maybe not be necessary for the Beta, since the user doesn't see it,
but for 1.0 I'd like to fix naming conventions almost as Ivan Kalvachev
suggested in his mail from Nov 6th.

The most important part is to make it consistent between encoder and
decoder. At the moment, U<->V swaps happens. Also, all colorspaces should
respect the given  stride-values, we'll have to check if (A)RGB-modes
really do that.

For YUV, right would be:

XVID_CSP_YV12 is Y-Cr-Cb in 4:2:0

XVID_CSP_I420 is Y-Cb-Cr in 4:2:0 which is the same as XVID_CSP_IYUV
This is the official colorspace MPEG and there XviD works in!

Ivan is completely right about those.

XVID_CSP_INTERNAL is just pointers to XVID's internal representation.
This used to be called CSP_USER, because that was Mplayer's name for it,
but CSP_INTERNAL is a better name. I'd like to keep it that way.

New XVID_CSP_USER is currently the "most user friendly" YUV-format, it
accepts 3 pointers and stride values instead of just 1 each. I don't think
all the other modules need this feature. Colorspaces are pretty standard
the way they are.