[XviD-devel] Most frequent motion vector?

Christoph Lampert chl at math.uni-bonn.de
Sat Oct 4 11:07:54 CEST 2003

Hi guys,

I should have studied computer science instead of maths:

Is there a fast and not too wasteful method to determine which is the most
frequent motion vector of a XxY field of motion vectors?

When going through all of them, how do I store how often they appear?
An array of [-512,512]x[-512,512] wouldn't be such a good idea, right?
Choose a center and a "outlier" group and working adaptively from
there, possibly having to restart a couple of times?

Or could this be done more efficiently during ME itself?

If that succeeds, I might later need "2nd best" up to "Nth".