[XviD-devel] (no subject)

Marco Al marco at simplex.nl
Mon Oct 13 19:16:28 CEST 2003

From: "zhulihua" <zhudenglh at sohu.com>

> Dear xvid-devel:
> I have found some talks about linear rate control of ZhiHai last year,
> however, the result didn't appear.
> Could you give some evaluations about his algorithm.
> Thanks.

You could try mailing Michael Militzer directly if you get no reply here. He
implemented it for an academic project, wether he still has plans to
implement it in xvid is anyone's guess.

Im personally trying to implement it in the present development version too
(a slow high quality version which does quantization+bitrate estimation for
every frame before determining the final quantizer to achieve a given MSE or
rate or lambda).

Marco