[XviD-devel] API changes request from MPEG4IP

Bill May wmay at cisco.com
Mon Oct 13 10:13:43 CEST 2003

suxen_drol wrote:
> gday bill.

Hey, Pete - long time no talk...
>>1) - need to be  able to disable all VOL headers in  the stream. This is
>>     fairly simple to do - probably add a flag.
>

> all VOL headers? is that correct, not even the initial one.
> what about the VOS & VO headers?
>
> should be easy regardless.

mp4live generates the initial VOL header itself.  It's too much work for
me to rewrite it to get it have you generate it - I'd need APIs to just
generate the VOL header.

>>2) - need  to get  the reconstructed  YUV  image back  after encoding  a
>>   frame.   I'd like  to know  what  you think  the best  way to  return
>>   this. I'm current  using XVID_CSP_USER to pass in  the data - perhaps
>>   just overwriting the data there ?
>

> what order do you want the images in, coded or display?

Doesn't matter.

> the later is already provided by the plugins callback concept.
> see "src/plugins/plugin_dump.c"

That's the new APIs - I think that I'm going to stick with 0.9.2 until
you have an "official" release of the new API - at that point, I'll write
the interface code.

>>I'm also  contemplating adding small  option menus to mp4live  that will
>>allow differing  options -  I'd like  to know what  opinions as  to what
>>different options make sense.
>>
>>For those unaware, mpeg4ip is  a standards based streaming platform that
>>consists of player, content  creation tools and mp4live.  We've recently
>>made some major  changes to mp4live - we know  can broadcast pretty much
>>infinitely and remain in audio/video  sync.  We've been using xvid since
>>April, 2001.
>

> yep, sounds good.
> note: xvid started back in late august, 2001 ;-).

Sorry - divx since 4/2001, xvid since initial version.

Bill