[XviD-devel] how to make struct smaller

Christoph Lampert chl at math.uni-bonn.de
Thu Oct 16 20:17:31 CEST 2003

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003, Edouard Gomez wrote:

> To be valid ISO C 89 or 99, you have to write:
> [...]

> So addressing fields becomes quite annoying:
> plop_t x;
> x.megaplopunion.plop1.var1 = 0;

Yes, that was the reason why I didn't make vectors into unions from the
beginning (it would be nice to check them for zero as 32bit, but still be
able to address them as 2 16bit as well).

Anyway, this case is different, but let's find a speedup before actually
changing all routines. In any way: This is not a change relevant for
functionality of XviD 1.0. Please don't just commit to the
hopefully-soon-to-be-released branch.