[XviD-devel] Alignment of data sections in assembly files

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Fri Oct 24 20:50:16 CEST 2003

Hello,

I  wonder why  some, but  not all  files have  a .data  section  that is
aligned differently for elf targets. As we use align directives, i don't
get the point of adding that additional constraint.

I looked at the CVS history, and pete seems to have fixed something
adding them, but there is no other detail. Are these directives
really important ?

PS: i ask that because yasm is now able to assemble xvid (minus a last
bug i reported today) and it does not support these alignment
directives.

--
Edouard Gomez