[XviD-devel] [CVS commits] devapi4 - merging fest

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Mon Oct 27 02:10:54 CET 2003

The only important patches are #80 that switches xvid to skal's fdct
functions and #79 that could have hurted 2pass.

My 2pass code will be merged soon. I still have some changes on the
queue from Koepi, and lot of cleanups to the asm files.

2003-10-27 00:55:51 GMT		patch-80

    Revision:
      xvidcore--devapi4--1.0--patch-80

    * Ported the ffmpeg fDCT functions (mmx and xmm).
    * Modified the skal's versions a bit to allow rolling loops.
    * Activated Skal's fDCTs (unrolled versions) for mmx _and_ xmm
      (old code was ignoring xmm versions)
    * Removed the SSE2 versions (they'll be back later)
    * .data -> .rodata
    * Applied announced asm CodingStyle to the dct dir
      (I'll have to add a section with the said CodingStyle)

    modified files:
     build/generic/sources.inc build/win32/libxvidcore.dsp
     src/dct/fdct.h src/dct/idct.h
     src/dct/x86_asm/fdct_mmx_ffmpeg.asm
     src/dct/x86_asm/fdct_mmx_skal.asm
     src/dct/x86_asm/idct_3dne.asm src/dct/x86_asm/idct_mmx.asm
     src/dct/x86_asm/simple_idct_mmx.asm src/xvid.c

    renamed files:
     src/dct/x86_asm/fdct_mmx.asm
       ==> src/dct/x86_asm/fdct_mmx_ffmpeg.asm
     src/dct/x86_asm/fdct_xmm.asm
       ==> src/dct/x86_asm/fdct_mmx_skal.asm

2003-10-25 13:48:42 GMT		patch-79

    Revision:
      xvidcore--devapi4--1.0--patch-79

    When using closed_gop, a BFrame before an IFrame is turned into a PFrame.
    Thus is original quant has to be computed back, a rounding was causing these
    frames to be orig_quant-1. As a consequence we had very big frames before
    the IFrame, loosing many bits for nearly no visual benefit.

    modified files:
     src/encoder.c

2003-10-25 10:26:48 GMT		patch-78

    Revision:
      xvidcore--devapi4--1.0--patch-78

    Added closed gop option to xvid_encraw

    modified files:
     examples/xvid_encraw.c

2003-10-22 15:48:01 GMT		patch-76

    Revision:
      xvidcore--devapi4--1.0--patch-76

    Small INSTALL update due to previous build patches.

    modified files:
     doc/INSTALL

--
Edouard Gomez