[XviD-devel] [BUG]

skal skal at planet-d.net
Tue Oct 28 20:04:38 CET 2003

	Edouard,

On Tue, 2003-10-28 at 18:40, Edouard Gomez wrote:
> skal (skal at planet-d.net) wrote:
> > > the  current code  is  bit  complicated for  what  this function  is
> > > supposed to do, and most of it is just jumping to subcases to handle
> > > alignment or best sad cases
> >
> > 	... which i doubt is an overall gain in the end...
>
> I noticed your code suposes correct alignment, but sad may be used on
> unaligned data.

	It supposes alignment of the *source* pixels, that is: the
	current macroblock being searched for. This pointer should
	be aligned or there's something wrong (you're search a match
	off-the-macroblock. strange.) The reference pointer is 	conversely not
supposed to be aligned, of course.

>  I can't test the code myself (AMD cpu), and i wonder if
> it's safe to use this code in XviD (may it crash ?)

	A rapid grep in xvid's source didn't show any problem
	(assuming the code is regular;)

	bye!
Skal
--