[XviD-devel] [CVS commits] devapi4 -- Mass commit

Michael Militzer michael at xvid.org
Wed Oct 29 00:39:36 CET 2003

Quoting Edouard Gomez <ed.gomez at free.fr>:

> ASM cleanups ...
>
> And i  would like  to mention  that at least  two persons  are suffering
> crashes with cartoon  mode (vop cartoon + static  motion detection). I'm
> unable to  reproduce the bug on my  PC though i'm sure  i'm using static
> motion detection. CruNcher  said to me that it's crashing  on P4 and not
> working on AMD cpus.

This seems very strange. The cartoon mode has been developed on an Athlon
900, used in Doom9's codec tests without problems (he has an Athlon XP)
and it now runs fine on my new PC also (which is a P4)...

Also the cartoon mode and the stationary motion detection do not add any
code that is platform specific, so there's no reason why it should work
for some PCs and not work on others. The only thing I could think of that
could make stationary motion detection crash would be an illegal memory
access (when reading information from top, top-left and left MB) - however
there are checks in the code to prevent this...

bye,