[XviD-devel] [BUG]

Michael Militzer michael at xvid.org
Wed Oct 29 18:20:58 CET 2003

Hi,

Quoting Edouard Gomez <ed.gomez at free.fr>:

> skal (skal at planet-d.net) wrote:
> > 	Sure.
> >
> > 	(read the comments: idct is not IEEE compliant, on
> > 	purpose, since it doesn't abide to the silly [-300,300]
> > 	input range test).
>
> The old ones were  known to be unprecise too, so we'll  give these one a
> try, and let SSE2 users see if they're fine enough to be used.

1) All idct code ever used in XviD was IEEE 1180 compliant (keep that in
mind when calling it 'unprecise').

2) Please do not even think of using Skal's idct code or we'll get into
very serious trouble again because of idct mismatches between the XviD P4
version and the regular version - whoa, that would be really ugly (please
refer to my idct compatibility test I sent a while ago to the team list).

bye,
Michael

PS: No objections about including Skal's fdct code...