[XviD-devel] [RFC] memcpy thingy

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Fri Oct 31 19:34:52 CET 2003

Hello,

I've seen on  doom9 a thread a so called "AMD  optimized" build that was
supposed  to  give  very  large  improvement over  Koepi's  builds  just
replacing the libc memcpy with the AMD copyrighted one.

I know that we use memcpy in very few places (mostly setedges) but i was
curious to confirm or refute the  results given by users so i ported the
well known xine memcpy functions to nasm.

The  results are  much more  close  to what  i expected:  ie very  small
improvement (<1%),  far from the  10% advertised by the  "AMD optimized"
build users.

Do you think it's worth commiting this code ?

--
Edouard Gomez