[XviD-devel] running decoder in xscale

Christoph Lampert chl at math.uni-bonn.de
Wed Sep 3 12:36:59 CEST 2003

On Wed, 3 Sep 2003, yixian  wang wrote:

> Dear Sir/Madam:
>     Recently,i am trying to run xvid decoder(version 0.9.1) in linux
> on XSCALE. But it can only decode one frame and exit.I debug the
> decoder, and find when it wants to decode the second frame,it can not
> find the VOP_STRART_CODE.
>
>    But I use the same source code compiled in linux on X86 ,it works
> well.
>
>    can you tell me why?

Hello,

sorry, as far as I know, none of the developers has a Linux XScale
plattform to test or debug on. We can only test on Linux/X86 and some
RISC operating systems.
If you know of any possibility to get us free access to a Linux/XScale
plattform, or if you even have the opportunity to donate one to us ;-) we
will happily try to debug the problem.

Until then, you would have to give us addition information, like what
application you were using to decode. Also, there is a newer snapshot than
0.9.1 available at our homepage www.xvid.org and if that fails, too, you
might try the latest version from CVS.

Best regards,

Christoph Lampert