[XviD-devel] [BUG] A Quite visible one (as the noze in the middle of a face).

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Thu Sep 4 00:34:03 CEST 2003

Christoph Lampert (chl at math.uni-bonn.de) wrote:
> It's 8 pixels displacement in Cb-Chroma of YCbCr. It must be resolution
> related, because of the large width 1000 and non-mult of 16th height 540.
>
> Did you create this?

Yes, here is the recipe:

Download the Ultra Matrix Reloaded trailer from
http://progressive1.stream.aol.com/wb/gl/wbonline/progressive/thematrix/us/med/trailer_final_1000_dl.zip

Compile mencoder with at least lame, faad2, xvid4, ffmpeg svq3 support.

http://lame.sf.net for lame
http://faac.sourceforge.net/ for libfaad2
http://ed.gomez.free.fr/ for xvid4 mencoder modules (needs tweaking of
xvid detection in mplayer's ./configure -> sed s/xvid_init/xvid_global/
should do the trick)

Then use this command

mencoder \
    -ovc xvid \
    -xvidencopts quantizer=2 \
    -oac mp3lame \
    -af volume=3:sc \
    -lameopts cbr:br=96:q=0:aq=0:mode=1 \
    -o test.avi \
    Matrix.Reloaded-Trailer.mov <-- change this to the original namefile

The weird thing about this bug,  is that i used this trailer millions of
times before my hard crish crash. So first i though it was a bug with my
new  system,  something i  could  have  done  wrong while  restoring  my
complete debian system  on the new disk... but no, this  bug is new. Now
i've a  bit more time  to invistigate, and  i already know it's  not the
edging bug  we fixed few days  ago... must be something  else, i'll play
with cvs -D "xxx days ago" until i find the guilty patch.

--
Edouard Gomez